This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic professional to join MIST as a member of our waitstaff team. MIST is a multifaceted venue consisting of The Café at MIST, The Bar at MIST, The Terrace at MIST, The Restaurant at MIST and three of the most technologically advanced theater studios in New York City.
My Image Studios (MIST) was created to provide experiential event/ dining experiences that educates, entertains and enriches the lives of the community residents.
Responsible for providing exceptional customer service in Mist’s multifaceted facilities to include but not limited to service of food and alcohol, review of menu offerings, communication with kitchen regarding guest selections and any allergies/special requests, presentation of check and process of payment.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of 2 years’ experience or college student enrolled in a Culinary or Restaurant certification program/ Associate Degree or similar.
- Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests.
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards.
- Answer questions on menu selections.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Record transaction in POS system at time of order. Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
- Pick-up trays and clean tables as needed to ensure a clean dining area.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day.
- Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc.
- Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment.
Please email your resumé at: TheRestaurant@mistharlem.com
Lead Line Cook
Lead line cook with at least 4 years experience needed. Be a part of the new culinary team at MIST Harlem. We are a unique restaurant and event center with many opportunities for advancement. Only apply if you have sous aspirations. Pay based on experience. Ensuring safe and sanitary working conditions, the ideal candidate will have the following: 4 year Culinary experience in a reputable restaurant; Strong knowledge of cooking techniques and knife handling; Clear written and verbal communication skills; Able to work in a team environment; Basic knowledge of math and computation skills; Capability to stand for prolonged periods of time; Lift up to 50 pounds of weight; Ability to work in an environment where there are hot and cold conditions. Job Schedule: Full-Time
Please email your resumé to: email@example.com